Microsoft Flow now supports environments and 6 new services
Environments for Microsoft Flow
This week we are announcing the availability of the environments feature for Microsoft Flow. Put simply, an environment is a space to store and manage your organization’s flows, Powerapps and business data. Environments are geo-located, which means that the flows, apps and business data that live within an environment, will be in the region where the environment is located. Flow users will have access to a default environment, within which they can create and manage their flows.
Choosing an environment
With the introduction of environments, you will now see a new experience when you come to https://flow.microsoft.com The flows, connections, and other items that are visible in the site will now be filtered based on the current environment that is selected. Your current environment is specified in the environment picker in the top bar on the right.
To choose a different environment, click or tap the picker, and a list of available environments appears. Click or tap the one you wish to enter.
Common Data Service databases and environments
Preview users, who have created flows or apps that leverage the Common Data Service, will notice that they have an additional environment where the Common Data Service entities have been homed. This environment will have your name and only you will have access to it.
Any flows using the Common Data Service, will also be home to the same environment where your Common Data Service entities are located.
Further information and documentation on Enviroments can be found here.
You can also join James Oleinik for an "Introduction to Environments" webinar on 10/27
As part of this webinar we will be answering questions around the changes coming to PowerApps and Flow with the introduction of environment.
When: October 27, 2016 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PST
In addition we have also added support for 6 new services
- Bit.ly – Bit.ly is a link management tool. You can shorten links, reroute existing ones and associate them with campaigns across channels and devices.
- Cognitive Services Text Analytics - Azure Cognitive Services Text Analytics detects language, sentiment and more of the text you provide.
- Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 for Financials – these are a business management solution for small and mid-sized organizations that automates and streamlines business processes and helps you manage your business.
- Instapaper - Instapaper is a tool for saving web pages to read later. You can create reading lists by organizing pages into folders which can then be accessed from any mobile or web client.
- Pinterest - Pinterest allows you to create a bulletin of photos called a Board. You can follow boards, add pins to existing ones or collaborate with people to build shared boards.