Create flows triggered by Power BI alerts and eight other new services
Power BI alert support in Flow
Power BI can now connect directly into Microsoft Flow whenever there is a data alert, allowing you to turn your Power BI insights into action. Data alerts are a recently released Power BI feature, which allow you to be notified whenever a tile on your dashboard meets a particular criteria. For example, you can set up an alert whenever the value on the tile “Daily Deliveries” exceeds 10000. Read about setting up data alerts here.
As with any of our services, you can create flows from scratch that use Power BI - check out this great blog post by Sirui to read more. You can also use one of our built-in templates, such as sending an email to a security group, or posting to a slack channel. You can see all of those templates here.
Mobile application improvements
We make ongoing updates to the Flow apps for iPhone and Android. Last week, we added the ability to create new flows from blank, in addition to the already existing experience of creation from templates. We also improved performance when viewing flow runs.
Eight other new services
Microsoft Flow now supports 72 different services total (plus all of our built-in actions). In addition to the six that we announced earlier in November, and Power BI, we are also releasing another eight this month:
- Azure Resource Manager - Azure Resource Manager exposes the APIs to manage all of your Azure resources.
- Azure Queues - Azure Queue storage provides cloud messaging between application components. Queue storage also supports managing asynchronous tasks and building process work flows.
- Chatter - Chatter is an enterprise social network for your company that allows employees to connect and collaborate in real time.
- Disqus - Disqus is a service for web comments and discussions. Disqus makes commenting easier and more interactive, helping publishers power online discussions.
- Azure Document DB - Azure DocumentDB is a NoSQL service for highly available, globally distributed app. Sign into your DocumentDB account to create, update, and query documents and more.
- Cognitive Services Face API - Azure Cognitive Services Face API allows you to detect, identify, analyze, organize and tag faces in photos
- HipChat - HipChat is group chat, video chat and screen sharing tool for teams of all sizes. Built for business, HipChat is persistent, searchable and loaded with goodies your team will love.
- Wordpress - WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app.