Run scheduled triggers on-demand and six more services to use
Run scheduled triggers on-demand
For flows that run on a schedule (such as every day), you can now have them run immediately with the tap of a button. For example, you may be creating a flow that will run every hour, but while you're testing it out you want to explicitly run it to check to see if it does what you want. Or, you could have a daily report, but that you also need to run ad-hoc.
To run your flow, go to the My Flows list and select the "..." menu. There is a new option Run now in that menu:
When you select Run now, the flow will immediately begin, and you'll see the status and outputs of every single step as they happen live. Note that you ran Run now only for flows that have the Recurrence trigger. All other flows will run only when their trigger returns new data. For example, if you have a flow that runs when you get a new email, that flow can only run when a new email comes in. Thus, there is no Run now option for those flows.
Six more services
We now have 80+ different services supported in Microsoft Flow, with six more being added in the past week.
- Buffer - Buffer is a social media management for marketers and agencies. Access your pending and sent updates, social media profiles, and more.
- Google Contacts - Google Contacts is an online address book, integrated across your Google products and more.
- Harvest - Harvest is a simple tool to help track the time spent by your team on each project and task.
- Medium - Medium is a vibrant network of thinkers who care about the world and making it better. Connect to your Medium account to track new publications, write stories and more.
- MSN Weather - MSN Weather gets you the very latest weather forecast, including temperature, humidity, precipitation for your location.
- Typeform - Build beautiful, engaging, and conversational online forms, surveys, quizzes, landing pages, and much more with Typeform.