Automate the digital workspace with Microsoft Power Automate and Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Power Automate is helping organizations navigate change by providing a flexible, low-code automation solution across multiple 1st and 3rd party apps and services through digital and robotic process automation (RPA). Collaboration and automation tools have a become a critical part of supporting how organizations move forward during this time, which is why we are focused on more ways to bring together Microsoft Power Automate with Microsoft Teams.
Power Automate provides a low-code solution to create workflow automations for yourself or your entire team, using logic-based building blocks, starting with a trigger that sets one or more actions in motion. Together with Microsoft Teams you can integrate flows and bridge organizational workflow gaps. Power Automate is the way that any user can have rich automated actions in Microsoft Teams. We are excited to offer new Power Automate features that are natively available within Microsoft Teams to help simplify how you and your teams work.
Streamline how you work and launch a workflow directly from Teams
This new trigger, enables makers to use a message as a starting point for a business process, like “Creating a record in Dynamics” or “Creating a task in planner” from a message in Teams. You can also create a simple form that will be shown to the user in Teams if you need to collect more information as part of the Flow. Some possible use cases for this include:
- Convert a chat to a sales lead: Send an automated update to your CRM system right when the conversation begins in Teams through a triggered flow.
- Create a work item or task from a message: Quickly create or request new actions for your team by triggering a flow to create a work item for your team directly from a Teams message.
- Organize information in SharePoint lists: Keep your team up to date by adding and tracking critical information from your Teams messages in SharePoint lists
You can learn more about this feature update in detail in the documentation
Expand automations within Teams through new connecter updates
We’re adding new capabilities to the Teams connector that enable more automations within Teams and these new actions include:
- Create a teams meeting: With Teams meetings becoming such an integral part of remote work, you will soon be able to create a Teams meeting a part of your workflow. This new action creates a calendar event and generates a Teams join link for you.
- @ mention a Teams user: Easily include ‘@’ mentions in your Teams messages sent from a flow using the new ‘Get @ mention’ token action. This allows you to get the attention of any user within Teams using a bot message or a regular message.
- Create a team: With this action you will soon be able to create a team as part of your business processes, allowing you to quickly spin up a team with the necessary members for a new project or incident that you might be working on.
Automate with Microsoft Dataflex
With the introduction of Microsoft Dataflex, we are also pleased to announce that users will be able to build flows on top of Dataflex tables, natively from within Teams. This capability will be available to all users with valid Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscriptions with no extra cost.
- Customized flows: Users are able create customized Instant, Scheduled, and Automated flows in the Dataflex environment. Power Automate is the single solution that allows user to build workflows more securely on Dataflex tables. This new integration makes it extremely easy to build and deploy custom solutions, within a Team!
- Automate with a single click: Microsoft is also building some out of box solutions that use Canvas apps, flows and bots – that can be deployed in your Team with a single click.
Learn more about Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft Dataflex and Microsoft Teams updates here.
Start automating with Microsoft Teams and Power Automate today with a pre-built template, new connector and learn more about the Teams announcements here.
Take care of what’s important and start automating now.